Monday, March 2, 2009

Riding It Out

I made meatball sandwiches on Saturday. I am the sandwich king. I take my sandwich making very seriously.

This upcoming week we're making our own cole slaw for reuben sandwiches.

Somehow during the meatball making a song from childhood came rushing back to me - "On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese. I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed. It rolled off the table, and onto the floor. And then my poor meatball, rolled right out the door."

Well that got a smile out of Barb.

Then, unexplicably, another song from childhood popped out - "John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmidt, his name is my name too. Whenever he goes out. The people always shout. There goes John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmidt. Na na na na na na na . . . "

OK. Now Barb was flat out laughing.

Who knows where this stuff suddenly comes from, out of nowhere. I'm a walking jukebox.

I've been feeling pretty good across the past week or so. It's been an opportunity to kind of forget about cancer for awhile and just wake up and live my "normal" life every day. I do appreciate the times between doctors and treatments.

With temperatures in the 20's, high winds, and a little snow in the forecast, it's a great day to stay inside. Every winter, every year, for my entire life, I just run from one warm place to another. I spend zero time outside in the cold.

I have to spackle some cracks in a ceiling before painting the ceiling today. That is, of course, if I can keep Freckles out of the way.

I'm working on our computer network also, and backing up some files, getting ready for a little business reorganization and renewed marketing. It's tough out there. I've never experienced a general financial slump like this in my lifetime. In the past months, two clients have pulled their plans for projects because of financial concerns.

But if business is slow, it offers me precious time to work on art for art's sake, just creative releases. I've got an idea for some more wall art incubating in the old brain upstairs.

Well there is a fresh batch of homemade English muffins waiting for me. They looked extra fluffy too when Barb was fixing them up yesterday afternoon! Woohoo!

No comments: