Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Single Minded

There's one main thing on my mind this week, and that's my Dad's well-being.

Barb and I are heading up to the Hershey Medical Center today for a visit. I know he's still having problems comprehending everything that has happened to him, and everything that is happening to him. But I want him to see our familiar faces and let him know we're there.

My Mom did let me know late yesterday that they had removed the breathing tube. I was praying for that yesterday. This should mean, of course, that he his breathing again on his own. The breathing should slowly become stronger and stronger.

This also means that he can start talking again, although his throat will be dry and sore from the breathing tube being there.

We're pushing our painting into high gear here at the house so we'll have everything finished up by Easter. I don't think that will be a problem. Wherever my father is by Easter we'll be taking the spirit of the holiday also to him.

Early April will end my vacations from doctors as I have appointments with the neurosurgeon, oncologist, and a scheduled CT scan. I'm not expecting much news or change in treatments through those activities.

But all thoughts are on Paul right now. We're going to try to bring some smiles and hopefully some inspiration to my Dad today. Thank you for the continued prayers and well-wishes.

No comments: