Friday, March 6, 2009

Feeling Good

Not sure what happened to yesterday's post. I just peeked at it and the end of the post somehow was cut short. Maybe I was too long winded. My apologies.

I'm feeling pretty good after the Gamma Knife treatment. I felt strong enough yesterday to paint the ceiling in the front room.

The radiation can aggrevate the brain and cause swelling. I was confident that some of the odd feelings I've felt in the head have been caused by swelling. But the latest MRI's have shown little to no swelling. So I'm not sure what the cause may be, possibly some minor but permanent damage.

I am still on the steroid. But now I'm going to work hard to get off of it in the next two weeks. I'm up to 195-pounds now, 20-pounds heavier than when I started taking the steroid. That weight is about where I should be though. We'll see what happens when the steroid is out of the picture.

I'm also feeling ambitious this morning and hope to get a few things done. I've got a blueberry muffin with my name on it, then I'll be jumping into my "to do" list with both feet.

All in all, feeling good after the Gamma Knife. My head, of course, is sore from the four screws that they used to secure the metal frame to my skull. But a few more lumps on my head is nothing new.

No comments: