Monday, March 23, 2009

Thoughts in Hershey

Usually when my mind is in Hershey I'm imagining myself diving into a giant vat of liquid chocolate, or having brunch in the circular dining room at the hotel.

But right now, constantly, my thoughts are with my Dad, recovering on the second floor of the Hershey Medical Center.

With seven fractured ribs there is associated lung trouble, which is not surprising in that situation. As fluids built up and a lung collapsed the docs and nurses and my Dad scrambled to make the necessary treatment adjustments.

By the end of the day yesterday, my Mom felt that he looked better and the reports from the medical staff looked better. Things seem to be stabilizing.

He is being kept pretty sedated and cannot speak with the breathing tube in right now. Right now there are too many tubes in general. A goal of today will certainly be to get rid of some tubes.

Our thoughts are in Hershey today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOUR DAD'S CONTINUED RECOVERY AND YOUR MOTHER AS WELL.

RED LION FAMILY

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your continued updates about your Dad. We pray for his recovery and for strength for your Mom. You and your family are always in our prayer.
Love JoAnn and Jerry