Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Picking Up Sticks

Spent some time picking up sticks throughout the backyard yesterday. It felt good.

Today my hips and butt are a little sore from picking up those sticks. It still feels good.

Tomorrow it looks like it will be warm enough to open up the front door and paint it. Then the front room will officially be done, well, except the carpet and some artwork and getting the draperies up and getting new furniture and new hardware for the door and . . . well, it's on the way.

The borough's spring cleaning is next weekend. We'll have to try to take advantage and collect as much yard waste as we possibly can. We've got plenty. We've got some beautiful, but very dirty trees.

Some early bloomers are starting to poke their heads out of the ground in the backyard. Birds have also become more frequent guests as of late. I'm just waiting to hear Harry Kalas call an inning and Spring will officially be here.

Going to just keep as busy as possible, at an enjoyable pace, to see just how much I can get done.

My boss, Barb, is a pretty good boss and lets me take breaks when I feel one is needed.

No comments: