Friday, March 27, 2009

Little Luck Never Hurts

Yesterday I had one goal - get a working clothing dryer in this house.

Sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don't.

Yesterday things went our way.

I woke up yesterday and blogged about a couple things, including the fact that our dryer had stopped working. Barb's Mom Susan woke up and read the blog, then told her husband Bill about our problem. Bill told Susan to call us and ask if he could take a look at our dryer. Susan called. We said, "You bet! C'mon over." Bill analyzed the problem. We all ran out for a part.

The dryer is fixed.

Total cost was $12.10, plus tax, and one California cheeseburger (labor costs).

Thanks Bill (and his supervisor Susan)! I was ready to pull the trigger on a new dryer.

With a working dryer, and Barb happy again in her laundry room, I can return to painting today. Today it's time to paint the ceiling. It's arms straight up in the air for about an hour, not my idea of a good time. But in all honesty, my mind is with my Dad a lot right now. With everything he is going through, I just suck it up, get the job done, and complain as little as possible.

Last night Dad was scheduled to be moved to another room, where they hope to get him up and about a little bit. But he is very weak, and I'm sure in pain from the broken ribs and bruising and just everything that has occurred.

It's going to be a long road of recovery. There is just no getting around that.

My Dad's mental state is certainly a concern as well. A brilliant man, my father is very confused right now and does not understand all that is going on with him, and around him right now.

I'm planning to run into the medical center again tomorrow to visit with him. I'll do whatever I can to try to help. Our family appreciates all the prayers and well-wishes. God bless you all.

No comments: