Thursday, December 17, 2009

Minor Miracles

Now I've never been a big believer in miracles. But I do believe it's certainly possible. And the way the last few weeks have been going my belief in the unexplained is just getting stronger.

First we came home and Barb said "Hey! Our neighbors are in our backyard."

They were out there trimming our trees and brush like crazy. Why? I have no idea.

Our neighbors have property in Berks County and are often there. And when they are in town we rarely see them. Now suddenly, out of nowhere they were trimming all of our trees and even mulching all the debris.

I was extremely thankful because this is something I've been concerned about getting done. I was so thankful that I didn't care to ask them why. I just kept my mouth shut except saying over and over and over "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

Not long after another one of our neighbors showed up at our back door and asked us if we would consider having him rake and bag all of the leaves in our yard. Dumbfounded I said, "Of course." He did a great job. It was another big job I was worried about getting done in my condition

Soon after the yard, our neighbors hired painters to paint the outside of their house. Our neighbors had a little problem with the way the painters handled something and she negotiated with them to paint the back side of our house. It's not a very visible section of the house. But it has been something else on our list of things to do.

Presto, it was done. Unreal, I couldn't believe this. First it was the trimming of all our trees and bushes. Then it was raking and bagging of all of our leaves. Now it was painting one-side of our house. Where would it stop?

Well it hasn't stopped yet. Yesterday a gentleman came to our back door asking if he could pave our parking spaces. He had just finished another project about two-blocks away and he could give me a low price since he already had all the equipment, materials and support here.

It's yet another item on our list of things we wanted to do to this place, this old house.

They're out smoothing out stones in the parking area right now.

I don't know.

Stuff like this just doesn't happen. Does it?

No comments: