Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas

I went to sleep last night to news that we could expect one- to three-inches of snow by the time we wake up Sunday morning.

I woke up this morning to news that we could expect eight- to twelve-inches of snow by the time we wake up Sunday morning.

(sigh) What a mess. My family is planning on celebrating an early Christmas on Sunday. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone. Or at least I was . . .

Yeah, I know. It's pretty and it's all white and fluffy. And in no time it's slushy and all black from traffic, and it's just a slippy, slidey, huge mess.

These are the days when I wonder why I'm still here in Pennsylvania.

Well I guess that all areas have their drawbacks. After all, Florida does have bugs the size of my arm.

Maybe we could just change the date we celebrate Christmas? Maybe some time in June? Would that work for everyone?

No comments: