Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Feeling Inspired

We had a wonderful Christmas. Then the day after we got three bills from Lancaster General Hospital which were all wrong. According to these three bills we owed thousands of dollars.

It wasn't a big shocker. We go through this all the time. But three of them at once? Just one day after Christmas? Ugh.

I told Barb that the weekend would still be a holiday to me and we could deal with it Monday.

I also made a commitment to myself to start really addressing my health issues on Monday. I wouldn't rest until I could find out what was causing every pain, every problem, everything. If I had to find new doctors, new drugs, whatever, I was going to do it. There were too many things going on that I just didn't understand or have any explanation for.

Well Monday I started with the bills. I decided to address one bill at a time and follow them through to resolution. The first bill we've already received twice already. Both times it was incorrect. And both times I was told to rip it up and throw it away. But the bill just keeps coming.

It seems, from talking to LGH and Aetna that someone at Aetna thinks that I have a maximum benefit on my policy and that maximum has been met. But everytime I call Aetna they tell me that is wrong and I do not have any maximum benefit on my policy. But the issue just coninues to go on.

I just wish that I could gather the appropriate parties from both LGH and Aetna and sit down and resolve this once and for all.

I'm like this little guy translating messages between two giant companies. Why can't they just talk to one another?

Then right in the middle of my struggle on Monday some problem occurred in the LGH billing office and they closed for the day. What? Ugh.

Dealing with this alone will probably take the rest of the week.

No comments: