Thursday, December 24, 2009

Everyday is Christmas

I have been giving out early gifts. I just can't control myself.

This morning Barb turned the tables on me and hit me with an early gift. It was an electric razor. I haven't used one since I was around 16. I think she's trying to tell me something. (smile) Thank you Barb. I love it.

I've always been a little different in my approach to holidays. I always felt that if I wanted to celebrate the birth of Jesus that I could, and should, do that on anyday of the year, anyday I wanted to. I pretty much feel that way about all holidays. I don't need to wait for Valentine's Day to tell Barb how much I love her. I don't need to wait for Mother's Day to tell my Mom how special she is to me.

I try to remember the life of Jesus everyday. For me, His life is an example for me to try to live up to. Of course I can never fully live up to the example that Jesus has set for me. But it has been important to my life to have his life as a guide.

Even from his birth he was teaching us important lessons. Here he was, the king of kings, born into poverty with nothing, surrounded by farm animals and the love of a mother and father.

It may not involve boxes of chocolates or fancy jewelry, but I will celebrate the birth of Christ everyday.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Jim and Barb,

I hope you have an especially wonderful time this year.

God bless you for your nice message.

-Beth Ann Veres