Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Here We Go Again

I've enjoyed my small holiday from the harsh cancer drugs. But the holiday ends today as our "team" (Susan, Barb and myself) travel to the cancer center to have an injection of Interferon.

At least my weekly intake of Interferon is not going to be as large as before. Rather than three injections a week I will now switch to just one injection per week, or one-third of what I had been on before.

I'm anxious to see how the body reacts to all of this. You never know. I think it's pretty obvious, from past experience that it won't make me feel stronger or better in any way. But you just never know, predicting cancer is like predicting the weather, you just never know.

I've been off any kind of cancer drug for just over two-weeks now. I definitely have felt better. I've felt stronger. But I haven't exactly felt like my old self, especially after 3-plus years of being on constant chemo of one shape or size.

1 comment:

Julio Cortés G. said...

Hi JimAlbert! Nice to read as a coleague your blog. I have some similar practice here in santiago, Chile.

I have a question for you, because in 2 hours I'll be cahnged from Sutent (it failed after 8 succesfully months for my kidney mestastasic cancer) to Nexavar or Torisel.

Can you tellem how many months have you been with every drug?

Was nexavar the less friendly one?

Thanks in advance.