Monday, May 4, 2009

Rainy Monday

We're entering our third day of steady rain here in Marietta. It's making me feel lazy.

I have to snap out of the laziness though as we're entering a busy week ahead. The central air conditioning installation is due to start this week. And we're expecting a furniture delivery this week as well. And I have my normal odds and ends around the house and office to attack and accomplish (mostly "odds" like sanding a footer along our office doorway).

I've been trying to take advantage of the rain to do a little more work on the computer. I'm planning a bit of an overhaul on the Albert Design Studio Web site and have started that work. But I am my own worst critic.

All the serious cancer drugs seem to have some negative effects on my eyes, especially when I spend a few hours staring at the computer screen. I can feel the eyes tire, and shortly after I know they'll go blurry and I have to walk away. It's frustrating at times. But I keep hacking away at it.

Today Barb and I are going to run over to Spang Crest in Lebanon to visit my Dad. It's been too long since we've been able to get over. Nothing will keep me away today though.

Reports have been that physically my Dad continues to get stronger and stronger. Mentally he has shown some signs of improvement too, but it has been dotted with periods of confusion.

I look forward to being able to spend some time with him today. Afterall, my Dad is my hero.

All in all it should be a pretty busy and exciting week ahead. Since we bought this 200-year-old house we've continually strove to make improvements. It always feels good to check more improvements off the big list. This week should give us two more big checks on that list.

Also, it does feel good to get back into more design work again also. The internet continues to evolve so fast and so furious it's very interesting to try to keep up with. We will reach a day when we are all our own publishers, when we're all our own newspapers, magazines, radio and television stations.

Can you imagine it all in another 50-years?

No comments: