Friday, May 15, 2009

Quick Friday Update

I haven't gotten the 7 a.m. call this morning from the air conditioning contractors, even though it is quite soggy out this morning.

They had to cancel planned work yesterday because of rain. It's supposed to dry up today so I'm hoping things can get wrapped up today if possible.

If not, no biggie. These guys have been extremely polite and professional. I think they are the cleanest contractors I've ever worked with. They carry a big Shop-Vac with them everywhere and leave less dirt behind than Freckles the big, hairy cat.

We're going to tidy-up the house and yard today in case anyone stops by for Marietta Days tomorrow.

Alyssa brought up a very good point at our usual Thursday night get-together last evening when she asked, "Why do they call it Marietta Days? Isn't it just one day?"

She's right. It is only one day. Actually it's about six-hours of sausage sandwiches and french fries. I know they have other stuff too but I only care about the food. Please, please, please, let the crab cake sandwiches come back again this year!

I've been feeling pretty good through this month, pretty strong, all things considered. I mean I am looking at over two-years of continuous chemo treatments. That'll knock you around a little bit. But I'm big and dumb and I just keep grinding through it.

There is supposed to be a unique special on TV tonight. It's a film that Farrah Fawcett filmed of her own cancer struggle up to the point she is now, which reportedly isn't very good.

I don't know if I'll watch it or not. But I did set it up to record at the least.

I think I've already been living that film without having to watch. It may all be a little too familiar. But then again I may learn things from a different person's perspective. We'll see.

No comments: