Thursday, February 19, 2009

To Sleep or Not to Sleep

My sleeping has gotten better recently, as I've reduced the amount of steroid I've been taking to control the swelling in my brain.

Last night though, I woke up in the middle of the night and Barb was gone.

I knew right away that I must have drove her out of bed with my snoring. I never knew that I was such a snore machine. But in recent months Barb has told me that I can really get quite the rock concert going at night with my loud snores.

I feel terrible. If anything she should have kicked me out of bed.

Rather than go downstairs and bother her even more, I let her go. I figured she had set herself up on the couch in the living room.

Jeesh, not even Freckles was willing to take her place and sleep with me last night. I must have been really loud.

I'm not sure what to do about it.

I saw a $100 pillow in a catalog that promises to position my head so I won't snore anymore. Ummmm.....I don't think so.

I came down this morning and gently woke Barb up on the couch. I asked her if she wanted to go back up to bed. She said, "No," she would stay awake and start her day now.

I've been apologizing ever since. I do feel terrible. Chasing my wife from our bed is definitely not a goal of mine.

If anyone knows how to alleviate snoring, I'm all ears.

I'm sorry Barbie. I'm really sorry.

She's been very understanding about it - like she always is. What an amazing woman she is.

I'm feeling motivated this morning to get back to work on the house. I've got a little sanding and spackling and then more sanding ahead. Then the painting will start. It hasn't been easy covering up this dark green with the primer. But it's rewarding to see our dark, cave-like living areas lightened up so much.

No news on the MRI yesterday, which is a good thing. We'll wait to see if the phone rings today. We may even reach out and ask for the results to be faxed to us, even though that can be a little confusing since I only understand every other word on the medical reports. It's probably just best to forget about it and keep spackling and sanding and painting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try the breathe right strips that are available at the drug store. I have heard that they work well. Also try laying on your side instead of your back and that is a sometimes help. Ask your doctor because there are devices that can be purchased that can help. I think the mouthguard that you can buy in the drugstore can also help. There are also sprays the doctor can tell you about and they are suppose to work as well. Give them a try. Love MOM