Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Monday

Well there's nothing like a whole roasted chicken and my wife's incredible mashed potatoes to make a Sunday dinner something special.

But it's Monday, and it's cold, cold, cold outside. It's time to get back into action after a relaxing day yesterday.

We're planning on heading out and getting our paint for the living room, now that the primer is all up. I'll tell 'ya, it's not easy covering up a dark green.

But that's why we're painting. Our living room does not get a lot of sunlight, and combine that with dark green walls, and that room is like a cave.

This is all a long time overdue. But, what can I say, we've been a little busy.

Even if we just left the primer up and never painted over it, it would still be a big improvement. But, no worries, we're definitely going in for the finishing touches.

After the two front living rooms are done (we haven't even started with the priming of the second living area), then we'll just have the kitchen, the sunroom, and the master bedroom yet. Then we'll have painted the entire interior of the house.

When we first moved in I started with painting the exterior of the house, quite a job. That is basically done. We have one weird stretch between our house and the neighbors that I've been considering replacing the wood siding with composite siding. I wouldn't consider composite materials for the rest of the house because of the homes historic nature, all the siding is cedar. Our block is on the National Register of Historic Places. Unfortunately several buildings on the block are not being very well taken care of, and there is some fantastic architectural elements that are just rotting away.

Well I slept until 5:30 a.m. this morning, until Freckles jumped up on the bed between Barb and I and let out a loud "Meow," which roughly translated means "What the heck! You're usually up and feeding me by now!"

Actually he woke me up at 3:30 a.m. too by pushing the closet door back and forth to make a rapping sound. But I gave him a mean look and he went away.

I have an appointment with the neurosurgeon tomorrow. Hopefully we'll learn more information on how to proceed with treatments from there.

Have a great start to the week everyone.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

MMMM. Mashed potatoes! Hi Barb and Jim. I just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Sheryl

Barbara Albert said...

Sheryl,
It's nice to hear from you again. I hope you are doing well. Please don't hesitate to stay in touch and thank you for the well wishes.