Tuesday, February 10, 2009

There's a New Cheese Steak in Town

It amazes me that you can travel to Missouri and ask folks "Where can I find a good cheese steak?" and they'll look at you like you just dropped in from Mars.

"A cheese what? Steak? A steak with cheese on it?"

I feel honored, and blessed, to be able to report that an authentic Italian-Philadelphia style cheese steak on a homemade roll has come to Marietta.

Just give me one second here. I'm tearing up a little. (sniff)

A new pizza and sandwich shop moved into a tiny little strip mall a builder attached to a soon-to-be-finished townhouse development and I was able to try the place out for the first time.

The rumor was out that they made their own sandwich rolls and pizza dough daily so I've been a buzz in anticipation. The shop is also very Italian, which seems to be another prerequisite to the outstanding cheese steak.

Overall I would give my cheese steak a seven on a scale of 10. I'm a tough critic, and I have had better. But I've had much, much worse. It was a good cheese steak. I'd order it again, and I will before too long I'm sure.

I've done my share of city living. Part of the charm in living a little away from things in a tiny town means that you're away from things - like a good pizza shop. It's one thing we did not have.

Oh pizza shops have come and they have gone. One still exists but I'm not sure how. They're pizza is the most disgusting pizza I've ever had in my life.

But this new place is going to stay. I can feel it.

They'll make it on my cheese steak buying alone.

No comments: