Thursday, February 26, 2009

Going At It

Woke up around 11:30 p.m. last evening. Barb was in the middle of a full-out assault of my side of the bed. I tried to get back to sleep. But by 1:30 a.m. I gave up, snuck downstairs and took a sleeping pill, and next thing you know I was out until morning.

It wasn't Barb's assault on my side of the bed that kept me awake though. It was just one of those things.

I hit the ground running this morning though, still half of a zombie from the sleep medication, but running nonetheless. I jumped back into the painting and we're making some real progress. It's looking clean and fresh and as new as a 200-year old house can look. We're both pretty motivated to move things along.

I hope to get the painting in good shape by Easter, which we've been holding here for the past few years. Plus we need to find the appropriate time to have the central air installed. Goodbye to the five window air conditioners! Man those things are heavy, cumbersome, and loud.

I can't wait for Spring to see the trees and plants all come back to life. Everything seems to grow great in our yard except for grass. I'm hoping to spend a little more time playing in the dirt this Spring than I was able to last year. We shall see.

Barb and I are still planning an Albert Design Studio "corporate retreat" this Spring at the Hotel Hershey to discuss what we're going to do with the bailout money that we won't be receiving.

We are sincerely planning on spending a couple of nights there through one of their mid-week specials. The Hotel Hershey is just one of those special places that everyone in this area should experience at some point. I've eaten in the circular dining room many times, but have always wanted to actually be a guest at the hotel and never have been.

We're going to pamper ourselves a little. I'll order room-service a take a nap. Barb will hit the spa. I know they have a bocce ball court behind the hotel...so game on!

Anyone want to watch Freckles for a couple of days? Ugh. Last time we left him alone for a couple of days he ruined a large rug.

Feeling strong, keeping positive, and looking forward to hearing the voice of Harry Kalas, the broadcaster of the Philadelphia Phillies. To me, the voice of Harry Kalas is like seeing the first robin of Spring.

We did learn today that my Gamma Knife treatment will be on March 18th. But we are still waiting on a time, likely very early in the morning.

After a day of working on the house, I've got to get into the kitchen and cook a little birthday dinner for our son-in-law Charlie - filet with a little red wine reduction, hash browns, and a fresh salad.

After years of refusing to try cheese cake because he thought it was made with American cheese, Charlie is now a full-fledged cheese cake afficiando. He just had to try it that first time.

After breaking that barrier we're hoping to have the same effect on him eventually with vegetables.

No comments: