Friday, February 20, 2009

Still Waiting, Still Painting

No word yet on Wednesday's MRI of the brain. Both doctors who would logically reach out to me with the results were off yesterday, the oncologist and the nuerosurgeon. The nuerosurgeon is off until Tuesday, the day of my appointment with him.

I'm understandably anxious to hear the results of the MRI. But I'm also very positive and confident. You've gotta' be. There's just no other rational choice.

Continuing with our painting project yesterday kept our minds occupied. We're almost done with priming the front room. I rolled. Barb brushed up the corners and edges. We do make quite a team.

Around noon we both suddenly just wanted to know the results of the MRI. So I called the oncology office and left a message on a "nurses' line." Someone got back to me in a couple of hours and told me that I really should be requesting the results from the ordering doctor - the nuerosurgeon. She added that my oncologist wasn't in today anyway.

So we called the nuerosurgeon and left a message. A receptionist called us back in a bit and told us that the nuerosurgeon was off until Tuesday. But, she added, that his "PA" would pull the report and my file and give us a call tomorrow (which will be today).

So...we should know something today. I'll share the news as I receive it.

In the meantime, we'll keep painting. It's great to see the transformation.

No comments: