Saturday, April 5, 2008

Where Did This Come From?

Thursday I felt absolutely wonderful. It's such a rare treat that I try to enjoy it as much as possible.

Friday morning I was feeling great too. Barb grabbed me a small roast beef hoagie at the deli. I finished it all in a blink and felt like I had room for a little more.

All of a sudden though I felt a strange sense of dizziness and light-headedness. I figured that maybe I had some kind of quick blood pressure drop. So I just sat down and waited for it to clear.

But it didn't. It stuck with me throughout the day.

Now I don't feel dizzy all the time. If I'm still everything seems mostly normal. But when I move around, so does everything else. It's not severe. But it certainly stopped me from doing much of anything physical yesterday. Although I still did manage to cook dinner.

I woke up this morning and it feels a little bit better, but the dizziness is still certainly there.

It's a bit of a mystery. The Nexavar is known for sneaking through the blood-brain barrier and carrying on upstairs. I did just have a clean MRI of the brain so I really shouldn't have any concerns of new activity there.

I did a little quick research this morning on the Mayo Clinic's web site and it appears that dizziness is most often caused by something off in the ear canals, eyes, or sensory nerves throughout the body. I guess anyone of those three rationals could fit the bill for me.

I never know exactly what is going to come on, or when it is going to occur. This is the first time for dizziness - just something else to talk to the doctor about on Tuesday. I'm going to hunker down today, stay somewhat still, and try to ride it out. I hope it passes fast.

No comments: