Friday, April 4, 2008

He Ain't Heavy . . . But He's Heavier

Everywhere I go, everything I see, newspapers, radio, television, magazines, the internet, everywhere there are advertisements for weight loss.

I understand. We're a well-fed society who tends to idolize the vanity of celebrities.

But it's a little frustrating. All I've done is eat, eat, eat, and my weight has trickled down, down, down.

Take yesterday, I started the day off with two thick slices of cranberry bread and a banana. Then for brunch I put down a nice serving of shepherd's pie from the deli across the street. Then for lunch it was the chicken croquette's with mashed potatoes and green beans, again for the deli. And for dinner it was haddock with parmesan buttered noodles and lima beans.

I'd say I'm eating pretty well. And that's pretty much how I've been eating, for weeks and weeks and weeks.

But my weight still trickled down until it seemed to bottom out at 170-pounds a couple weeks ago.

Monday I came home from the store with a big bag of peanut M&M's. I'm talking about the BIG bag here. From Monday to Wednesday evening I polished off that bag. I was addicted to the M&M's - so accessible, so delicious. Sometimes I'll do things that defy my own common sense. But I figure, if I want to get fat, I should eat some fattening things.

Yesterday, looking in the mirror, I thought I noticed the slightest glimpse of a belly. Just a tiny little curve that made my mid-section look like it wasn't sunk in upon itself.

I quickly jumped on the scale. I had gained five-pounds!

I looked twice. Did I read that scale wrong? Nope. It was solidly on 175-pounds. The scale hasn't moved in the upward direction for me in I don't know how long.

We'll see what happens from here. I'm going to do my part and keep eating. Barb wants to run out today and get me more M&M's. LOL

No comments: