Monday, April 14, 2008

Back to Work

With the stomach calm, with the dizziness under control, with the fatique not as heavy, it's time to get back to work, and back to some of the routines, like exercise, that I've recently abandoned due to the heavy effects of the chemo.

Now on half doses for a few days, I think I might be able to get a thing or two done.

And we have a laundry list of things that need done. We've always got something going in this place. We've always got more to get done then we can possibly get done on any given day. But, that's my fault. I've always been that way.

I woke at 4:30 a.m. to the thermometer reading of 40-degrees. It's only going to work up into the 50s today. But I think that might be warm enough for me to pull a rake through the yard. It looks like the fertilizer is working as planned, all the moss in the yard is dying.

I have to finish a little mailer for the business and hand that over to Barb for distribution. We're just letting some local companies know that we're here, and working again.

We already pulled all the electric window candles out this morning. We can't make the candles work and be able to open the windows at the same time. So we decided that we would display window candles only in the winter time. Spring time is now here and it will soon be time for some open windows.

"Marietta Days" is coming up in May. Barb and Alyssa are planning on setting up a stand. Basically a major stretch of Market Street closes down and everyone puts their junk out to sell.

Barb's Dad and I understand the "true" meaning of Marietta Days though - FOOD! The deli will make it's annual sausage sandwiches again, smothered in sauce, green peppers, and onions. (drool) Well that's a healthy treat! lol

There will be great french fries all over town. If we're lucky the crab cake sandwiches will be back. Man, those were so good.

But we have to continue Spring Cleaning to prepare for Marietta Days. There's a wealth of boxes left in the basement and the attic. And I've been in full-blown clean-up and clean-out mode. (Though I don't seem to get very far.) It's like a plate of Chinese food, the more you eat the more that seems to be there.

I just learned that some computer parts and software is due to arrive today. Knowing myself like I do, I won't be satisfied to end the day without these new arrivals being completely installed and working well.

It's back to work.

And it's back to exercising. Between the upset tummy and the dizziness exercise became something I just couldn't do for a couple of weeks. That's over now, so it's time to get back to it. And that's where I'm going right now.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: