Saturday, March 8, 2008

Little Updates

For me, we're on the move these days. It's good for me to get out and about. It does make me feel more alert, more alive. And at the same time it can be a little challenging to keep up with my eating and exercising schedule which seem so important to fight the side-effects of the chemo.

Today we're going to run over to Red Lion so Barb can visit her grandmother in a care facility. Granny's had some tough times lately and our prayers and thoughts have constantly been with her. The decision was made for me that I would wait behind while Barb and her Mom visited. Everyone's worried about exposing me to possible illness. I can respect that. My immune system is not at its strongest.

I've been told that there is homemade chicken noodle soup and chicken salad sandwiches waiting for me. I really don't need to be lured into the trip (although I appreciate it). It's important for Barb to be able to visit Granny at this time.

Next weekend, Palm Sunday, we're planning on traveling to Myerstown for early church and a visit with my parents. I'm anxious to meet their new puppy "Noel," a Bichon Frise that my Mom rescued from the vet's office after the dog endured an accident and surgery. And I'm anxious to catch-up with my parents, always such an integral part of my life, and the center of my support.

Early this upcoming week construction starts to rehab the three decks behind our house. It's something we've been meaning to do since we first moved to Marietta. We'll both be tremendously happy to finally see this work done. The contractors are confident that they will get the majority of the work completed before Easter. The ground-level deck, which is in the worst shape, probably will not be completed by Easter since we are planning on replacing it with stone pavers.

And Easter is just around the corner. We're proud to have inherited hosting this holiday in Marietta. Afterall, we have the best access to the best ham around. You just can't beat a ham from Groff's in Elizabethtown. We're expecting 18-people, a full-house for sure. And we're looking forward to fattening up every single person.

This Tuesday morning I will meet with the oncologist to discuss my latest scans and the next gameplan from here. I also want to discuss this continued weight loss. I really have an attitude about the weight-loss right now that "the buck stops here."

The stomach is growling like an angry lion, so I better quiet it with some of Barb's fantastic breakfast bread - cinnamon struesel this time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and peaceful weekend.

No comments: