Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

Today is certainly an important day in our history. The day of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. From birth to death it seems to me as if Jesus' life was to serve as an example to us all. And if that alone was not enough, we received through this important part of history forgiveness for our sins, and the offer of eternal life.

Think about that for a second.

WOW!

It seems really almost to good to be true. And there are plenty of doubters. But there are so many more believers.

Growing up it was really easy for me to have faith, and to believe in the scriptures. Afterall there does seem to be a wealth of historical evidence in place. And there also seems to be row after row after row of people much, much smarter than me who have examined the evidence and truly believe.

And just looking around at this planet we call Earth, with all of its delicate balances, I just can't believe that all of this occurred by mistake. It certainly seems as if a great power, beyond our true understanding, must be responsible.

Good Friday to me is a mixture of feeling solemn and feeling great joy, almost the feelings I have when any loved one passes. On one hand I feel sad for any suffering, for the personal loss I may feel, and on the other hand I feel joy for the passing to God's side, the true quest we search for from our journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful expression of your faith. I am so grateful that you have the gift of sharing your faith so that others may come to know the risen Christ through you. I hope dad and I were a part of giving you the faith you have today. We tried hard and prayed a lot about it. Love MOM