Saturday, June 2, 2007

Welcome the Weekend!

Did you ever notice how the weekend always seems to show up just in the nick of time?

I'm definitely welcoming this weekend with a big "Woohoo!" because it means a day off from radiation treatments. After three weeks, the radiation has taken its toll. I'm completely exhausted, all of the time. "Sleepy" builds up in my eyes just as I'm sitting in front of the tv. Everything's in slow motion and feels very heavy. But having these next two days off will help me build up strength again.

You can see the radiation "burn" lines now in my head. It's quite the interesting suntan. Probably not the most attractive...but I've been told by my brother-in-law that "bald is the new blonde." lol Ummmmmm. OK.

I now do have a constant metallic taste in my mouth. It's kind of like walking around with a piece of tin foil in your mouth all the time. I've lost most taste and most of the food I typically enjoy now just tastes like cardboard to me. Fortunately though I've still been able to maintain a taste for sweet things, so many fruits and some vegetables are still working, and I'm loading up on them.

Marietta got rocked pretty good with some thunderstorms last night but it seemed like we escaped some of the most severe of the storms. It will be another humid mug fest out there today. But the family "muscle" is stopping in today to get my window air conditioners into this 175-plus year old house.

One more week of radiation treatments and then we'll start working on regaining strength and some sense of normalcy again!

No comments: