Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Moderate Return of Appetite

If there has been any one thing that I have been worried about has been Jim's appetite, I have been used him pretty much eating whatever he chooses and not gaining weight. Finally, I am beginning to see somewhat of increase, thank goodness. I continue to watch everything as closely as possible.

I can't wait until the day that Jim and I can play tennis again and ride our bikes etc., I am dedicated to getting him back to being as healthy as possible. I know that he misses these activities also, but one thing at a time.

I can't wait until my daughter's wedding in September, one of the biggest occasions of one's life, and her happiness is incredibly important to me. Alyssa has been a great supporter also, and we keep an eye on each other.

It simply amazes me where time goes and that is why each day that I spend with Jim and the family is incredibly special, you can never take this for granted in any phase of life. You can never miss a beat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim and Barb,
I just want you to know you and your family are in our every prayer as is your family. You are all going through such tough times, yet you try not to let it get you down. Your faith is so very strong, and your family is so giving.
I had to chuckle with the haircut. I remember how mom used to send you here for a haircut once in a while, hoping I'd give you a short haircut, but I don't think I ever did.Your future son-in-law did a good job.It looks good. You may even get to like it enough to keep it short Maybe not shaved , but short.
I also knew most of the folks in the jeep. What a good picture. It's always good to look at the good old past.
Every day as I read your BLOG my mind goes back to when you all were just kids growing up. It's hard to believe we are now grandparents and you kids are parents wearing our shoes as parents.
We are praying that after this crisis is over, and you have your energy back, and all this cancer has disappeared, you and Barb will enjoy your family and wait for those wonderful grandchildren so you can spoil the heck out of them. Prayer is the most powerful medicine and Faith is our strongest belief.
One day I hope to meet your wife, she sounds like a wonderful person and a most loving and courageous lady. I admire both of you for your courage. Keep it up!
God Bless You,
Jane Hain