Sunday, June 17, 2007

Thank You

A week has past since the radiation treatments have ended. I certainly feel much better than I had a week ago. But there still is a good stretch of recovery left to go.

It's difficult to extend thanks without leaving someone out. So many people have extended themselves to help me through this that I cannot possibly include everyone. But I feel like I can never thank those who have helped enough - so I better start as soon as possible and see how close I can get to expressing how truly grateful I am.

To Barb - THANK YOU - being closest of all to me you've felt everything I've felt, gone through everything I've gone through, and been there for it all. THANKS!

To Alice and Susan (the Moms) - THANK YOU - you've given everything and asked for nothing, making sure every little need was met and surrounding this house with the love that only a mother could bring. THANKS!

To Paul and Bill (the Dads) - THANK YOU - you've been the rocks and the foundations you've always been, the shoulders everyone can always lean on. THANKS!

To Alyssa and Charlie (the kids?) - THANK YOU - you've unselfishly given your time to help me get to appointments, pick-up medications, whatever, whenever, you guys time after time just made sure that all the needs were being taken care of. THANKS!

To Debbie and Karen and Jamie and Doug and Cristy - THANK YOU - you've taken time out from your lives to get me to treatments and doctors, you've filled all the gaps and the holes to ensure that life could continue as normal around here. THANKS!

To Matt and Annaleigh (I know I'm spelling this wrong, I'm so sorry) - THANK YOU - your kindess and generosity has been extraordinary, really reaching out towards any need that you may see with open arms and without hesitation, even while you balance your own life's events with the birth of your third child. THANKS!

To Muk - THANK YOU - you've always gone the extra mile to stay in touch with family, to knit the family together, and to add a little extra sunshine to everyones' lives, from the surprise shoeboxes of brownies or banana bread in college through to today with sudden life-sized stuffed animals showing up at my door. THANKS!

To everyone who has sent me hats - THANK YOU - it makes me smile every time I walk out to our sunroom and see my sudden impressive collection of ball caps. I know it's hard for all those who've known me to imagine me without hair. But I've grown all that hair all these years for a really good reason, I have a really ugly head! LOL So to everyone who has sent me hats, I, and the world at large, thank you! THANKS!

When I pray each day, I always remind myself not to pray for my needs but to pray for others, all that are suffering, all that are in need. For myself, I only pray for forgiveness, for strength and guidance in being a better man in Christ's footsteps and by Christ's examples.

Thank you to everyone who has extended their prayers for me, for us. Thank you to the church families in Myerstown and in Red Lion for their love and support.

And thank you to anyone I've missed or not mentioned, they are numerous. You've all shown me that the greatest thing anyone can give is themselves.

THANKS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are no thanks needed. You and Barb are wonderful people who are helpful to everyone around you.
As for the hats, I have an old ELCO drum major hat you could have! Also, after 34 years of dance costumes I have an ENDLESS supply! If you are feeling BROADWAY bound, please let me know!
LOL, Karen

Anonymous said...

Dear Jim & Barb:
You continue to encourage OUR hearts thru your daily BLOG. - You are both gifted writers & we're grateful that you are using your gifts in this way. - Our prayers for you both will continue.
Love, Lou & Doris

Alyssa said...

Hey,
No need to thank us you know we'd do anything for you! We're just glad to help. Your health is the most important thing and we'll do anything to get it back to 100%.

Love,
Alyssa