Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Wonderful Blur

All of us have hit streaks in our lives where everything just seems to be moving two-steps backwards for every step forward that we take. It happens.

But life, being balanced as it is, also provides times where you just can't believe how fortunate you are.

I'm still in a wonderful blur from the past few days.

Our neighbors continued their astounding work on our trees yesterday. I knew they were overgrown but I didn't realize how overgrown they actually were. All the trees now have a nice canopy and all the branches have been shredded into mulch. It's unbelievable. I find myself just staring at it.

I feel horrible for feeling this way, but I just keep wondering "What's the catch?" I wonder why they're doing this? Is it really just from the kindness of their hearts?

We offered them some money. They would have none of it. Barb did bake them a loaf of her incredible bread and thankfully they did accept that small token.

I guess it's a little sad that the world as become such a place where I would question the motives behind kindness.

I know there's a lot of it out there. I know there is. I just have to work harder on having the faith to believe in it.

Just past 8:30 a.m. yesterday I thought I heard a knock on the door. Barb told me she didn't hear anything. A minute later the doorbell rang. It was Barb's Dad here to fix a run of spouting on one rear corner of our house.

We had talked about it once or twice but I told him that I really didn't want him bothering with it. He does enough for us already. He does enough for everyone, all the time, already. I didn't want him pushing himself. But there he was.

I had to take off for bloodwork. But, in typical Bill fashion he analyzed the problem, set himself up by iniating the plan, took off for odd parts he would need at the local hardware store, and then execute the work. It's always right on target. He's a problem solver.

Bill told Barbie that he'll be back to work on the rain barrel a bit.

Thanks a million Bill.

I'm just gliding along trying my best to manage the pain, begin to exercise, eat well and continue to take care of myself. All of a sudden small miracles appear to help me take a couple steps in the journey.

I can't stop smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you have neighbors and a father/mother in law who are there to give you a leg up when you need it. Keep working toward the day when you can pay them or others back with deeds of kindness. Count your blessings and God will surely provide. Love you MOM