Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Marching Orders

Throughout our lives my family has been pretty fortunate with out health. Sure we've had our moments. But I consider ourselves pretty lucky. Whenever we've stubbed our toes we've been able to gather our strength back together quickly.

I guess we've been saving it all to enjoy at one time. I guess we do everything as a family huh?

Through our recent challenges we're now all on the rebound. We're all on the mend and committed to getting stronger.

I'm dedicated to the chemo I started a couple of months ago, and will see the results in a CT scan of the lungs, pelvis and abdomen in October. I'll also have an MRI of the brain during that same week to see how things are going upstairs.

The medical crew is also dealing with what they're now convinced is a pinch nerve in my shoulder. I feel a new found confidence in that now being addressed and taken care of in the weeks to come.

As debilitating as the radiation, chemo, and pinched nerve have been to me, I am starting to discover some energies to get back to living once again.

My Mom is back at home after a spell in the hospital for heart issues. She's dedicated to returning herself to a healthy life, stress free, with a healthy diet and lifestyle. Her biggest mistake was caring for everyone else and forgetting about herself. Now she's going to get many daily reminders to put herself first.

My Dad is pulling it back together to a point where we're all seriously considering bringing him back home. All of us know he'd be much happier at home. We all just want to make sure that he'll be safe and healthy there too. But through the past few weeks we've been more and more convinced that he could pull it off with all of our help.

We all need help. We all need the help of one another. We all have our marching orders towards better health and happiness and depend on those around us to watch our every step and pick us up when we stumble and place us back on that past.

We've all been so fortunate to have so many people around us who care. Doug, Cristy, Karen and Jamie have all sacrificed their own lives through this past week to help my Mom, even making sure the fridge was filled with the right foods when she came back home, even making sure that the three-legged dog Noel was taken care of during that time.

And the support extends way beyond that, so many special people filled with prayers and support. It's truly heart warming and we thank and cherish you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is love - unspoken.

RL Mom