Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quick Updates

Today was chemo day. Before each treatment we meet with the oncologist or his nurse-practioner. Today we met with the oncologist. It all went well.

Despite the fatique he does want to go ahead with the double dose of Avastin, 10-mg. Barb and I are OK with that, and Freckles agrees also since he likes taking mid-day naps with me.

The doc got very serious with the pain I've had with my right shoulder, shoulder blade and arm. He is absolutely committed to getting rid of that pain. That's what I was hoping to see and hear.

He is absolutely convinced that it is indeed a pinched nerve. An MRI has been scheduled for Friday to confirm that suspicion. Then treatment will be figured out from there, either: let it heal on its own; injections to relieve the inflamation around the pinched nerve; or surgery to acomplish the same.

Besides the pain, everything else is checking out fine. All of my laboratory tests came back just fine, my physical examination was great, besides fatique I do not have any other side-effects.

So it was off to 30-minutes of chemo and back into the FJ to return home. All is well or on its way to getting better.

My Mom was released yesterday and is back on the hill on Golf Road. She is well, relaxing and planning out some healthy heart lifestyle changes from here. She is in good spirits and appreciated a good nights rest last evening.

Noel, the three-legged dog with endless energy and smiles, may return to the house today. He is a great companion for her to have around. But it is at the cost of midnight potty runs.

I'm hoping to get a little more mobile again in the days ahead. I'll learn a lot in the next two=days about how today's chemo will affect me and how my pain will continue to come under control.

No comments: