Sunday, September 20, 2009

Come Back Bunny

Barb and I were sitting out on our back deck enjoying the beautfiul weather. We noticed a bunny in the yard. The past two-weeks the bunny has been showing up in the yard. It was the first bunny we have ever spotted in our yard.

Barb first called out the "bunny sighting" to me by whispering softly and pointing. He was jumping around from side to side, from fence to fence.

"Should I get a carrot to feed him?" Barb asked.

"Well sure," I said. "Just be quiet with the back screen door."

I kept my eye on the bunny while Barb quietly went back inside and returned with a miniature carrot in hand.

"Should I just throw it out there," Barb asked.

"Sure," I said. "Just toss it out there."

Barb wound up and next thing I knew she smoked that carrot on a line drive, bee-lining right towards the rabbit. The carrot bounced about a foot to the right of the bunny, scareing the rabbit out of the yard.

We both winced.

"Jeesh! What was that?!?!?" I asked Barb.

She didn't know. It was a mistake. She's not used to throwing carrots.

We both laughed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's got her dad's good baseball arm. Too funny.

RL mom

Barbara Albert said...

Yes, I do

Unknown said...

Yeah--that's a Grim arm for sure!