Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just Stuff

Barb and I ran a couple errands yesterday, including picking up Freckles special prescription food.

Freckles was waiting for us when we returned home. He doesn't like when we leave him. It makes him nervous. He's really become a part of the family.

As soon as we came in the door with the 20-pound bag of cat food in hand he seemed to know what it was. He seemed excited.

As I cut the bag open so I could pour it into a handy little storage container we have, his excitement just seemed to grow. As I poured the entire bag into the container the smell of the food leaked out and about and I swear that cat was dancing.

Barb's Mom has very graciously agreed to help us out with a grocery run this morning. Between my fatique from the chemo treatments and the shoulder pain I'm dealing with, I'm half afraid that I'll curl up in the frozen food aisle and fall asleep. Worse yet, some clerk at the store will probably put a price tag on me, and I'll be purchased and wake up in someone else's home.

Thanks so much Susan for helping us out...one more time.

When Barb and her Mom return with groceries I'll probably be a lot like Freckles. I'll miss them. I'll be looking for them. I'll recognize what they have in their hands and I'll probably start doing a little dance as soon as I see the yummy little doughnuts.

I'm starting to learn the periods of the day when I feel the most fatique. I think I'll need an hour power nap as long as I am on this chemo. But I'm trying to predict certain times of day when it really hits me, and fight through those times.

The shoulder is still hurting quite a bit. The pain is really not directly in the shoulder but in the shoulder blade and down into the arm under the biceps. I have not doubt that I caused this by overexerting myself while pruning trees. I can be such a big, dumb, male gorilla at times. The pain is nothing like it originally was, and does seem to be very slowly improving. I'm trying to do simple stretching exercises everyday. I've stopped taking pain pills entirely...for now.

Yesterday was Alyssa's 24th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYSSA! I told her she's not allowed to have anymore birthdays. She's starting to make me feel old and dusty.

No comments: