Sunday, September 20, 2009

Beautiful Day

My Mother and Father had a gathering on the hill yesterday to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. It was a very nice event. It was a beautiful day.

A big thank you to Susan, Barb's Mom, for being so willing to drive us over to Myerstown. Between the fatigue I'm having from the chemo and pain I'm having from the pinched nerve in my back, I'm not sure I would have been able to pull it off. And I would have hated to miss it.

My Mom and Dad were in great spirits, as was everyone. I had a chance to see a lot of friends of my parents that I had not seen for quite awhile. I enjoyed catching up with each and everyone of them. It was so great to see so many smiling faces that surrounded me all through my early years.

There are too many people to thank for attending and making yesterday possible. So I would just like to thank everyone who attended and made the day so special. It's certainly a great reminder of how many wonderful people our family is fortunate enough to have around us.

No comments: