Saturday, February 23, 2008

Web Work

Whew. You can just see the big chunks of rust falling off of me as I've gotten back into working with a web site the past two-days.

It's coming back to me pretty quick. But after the 11-month vacation from work, well, I am a bit rusty. I'm much more interested in the design and communication aspect of the web. But you can't work on the web without getting into all the code. And the code, and the web, doesn't stop advancing. There are literally new things every day. It's very fluid, very exciting.

As I've been working the past two-days I've been engulfed in it. Hours can fly by as I dive into line after line of code. The great thing about working on web sites is the answers to just about everything are right there on the web, if you have enough perserverance to look for them.

When I worked at Zero Restriction one vice-president asked me, "You taught yourself how to do all of this stuff?"

You just need to know where to look, or who to ask. I've always said that I've learned so much about my craft through the years by buying the right people cheeseburgers and a beer.

No comments: