Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day All Year Long

As I was cleaning out boxes of old this and thats I came across some Valentine's Day cards that probably dated back to about second grade.

You know how it went, everyone decorated a Valentine's "Mail Box" out of a paper bag and hung it from the top edge of their desk. And then the cards dropped in. Lisa who liked John convinced Sally to sneak over and drop in a special card, maybe with a candy heart attached, just to John's embarassment.

Well, amongst the old Valentine's I found a card from "Barbara" saying it would be "neat" if I'd be her Valentine, and it had a football player with a black eye on it in the Heisman pose. I don't remember a Barbara in elementary school. But I do happen to know a Barbara very well right now.

I showed the card to Barb and she claimed it. Oh, if only we really had met in second grade.

A card really can't extend my true feelings for Barb. She's my right arm, my everything, a perfect match, a strength for all my weaknesses.

Chocolate can't express my feelings, nor flowers, not even a night-out to eat.

The only way I can truly say it would be "neat" if you'd be my Valentine Barb is to say it everyday, all year.

It would be neat if you'd be my Valentine!

No comments: