Monday, February 11, 2008

Brrrrrrr

It's 9-degrees this morning. Now that's just not fair.

The winds yesterday were the strongest I've seen yet here in Marietta. I can only imagine how strong they were up on the hill at my parents' house. I hope they made out alright.

Here the winds knocked a section of fence over, smashing our one Azalea bush. The wind bent the fence right over until it snapped, cement footer pulling out and all. The fence is the neighbor's and it has toppled one windy day before. But this time the end section snapped right off.

I don't have to leave the house today. And I'm going to be working hard to find only excuses to stay in, here in the warmth.

I've never liked the cold. I've been asked to join the local Polar Bears Club on their New Year's Day dip into local frigid waters. I laughed and I laughed and I laughed. Actually I have great respect for such insanity. But for me to do that? LOL You've got to be kidding.

The cold makes everything for me just a little bit harder, taking out the trash, running errands. I'd choose mowing the lawn over shoveling snow any day of the week.

But we've been fortunate on the snow this year, and have gotten very little. No complaints here. I still keep waiting for the big one though. You just know it's coming.

A bunch of schools went on a two-hour delay this morning because of the cold. I don't remember school ever being delayed because of cold. I don't know whether to think we're pampering our kids too much, or whether we're finally getting smarter.

If you're out there in Pennsylvania today, stay inside and stay warm.

If you're out there in Florida today, we're green with jealousy and wish you would stop smirking like that!

No comments: