Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tropical February

We set new record high temperatures in Pennsylvania yesterday with temps in the 60s. It took me by surprise to open the backdoor and not be hit by stiff cold air, slapping me in the face.

Sure it was rainy and damp all day long. But in the 60s? In Pennsylvania in February? I'll take it!

It will be back down into the 40s today and 30s by the weekend. We can take that. Anything above the freezing mark we'll manage through.

The kids will be stopping over for their weekly Thursday dinner, and Barb's got some Marietta Fried Chicken planned. I look forward to it, and every meal, as I keeping trying to pile on the food, and get the weight heading in the upward direction.

My mission to complete renovations on This Old House continue, and I'll need to talk to contractors today about a skylight, a rubber roof, a refurbished deck or two, a paver patio and a paved parking area. That should keep me out of trouble.

And we'll continue decorating today after the office move, as we keep in mind preparations for Easter in Marietta. We're looking forward to seeing everyone around a giant Groff's ham.

No comments: