Friday, January 25, 2008

Swamped and Enjoying It

My "to do" list has been quite full this week, and seemingly growing by the day. I have to be a little careful not to overwhelm myself into frustration over getting things done. But I feel that slowly filling my schedule is more and more important to keep me energetic and involved.

The "to do" list is large enough that something has to be set aside each day. The tough part this week has been setting aside exercise to run around, meet contractors, or work on other projects. Not to mention having to carefully work in food breaks, at times that fit the chemo schedule and my maximum appetites during a day.

It's a delicate balancing act. Simple things I would just take for granted have to be planned out a bit more. It always helps me to know what's coming up in the next hour, the next day, the next week, so I can ensure that I'm mentally and physically prepared for the event or task.

So I better get off the blog and get down to business. It's breakfast time in Marietta and I'm feeling hungry so I need to take advantage of it. Then I need to get back to those exercises before grabbing a shower and getting Barb off for some routine bloodwork. Then it's back to saw some trim and do a dry fit in the new office. Then I need to contact a couple more contractors for estimates on work we're looking into. Well you get the picture - there's about a dozen more things on the list today.

No comments: