Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back to Work

The fat and happy days of December have but passed and it's back to work.

Life is full of ironies. Before cancer I had the energy to work on this old house of ours, but never the time. After cancer I have the time but not always the energy.

But I keep at it.

Today my energy level was good and I was motivated by seven boxes of carpet tile. We're carpeting the photo studio, then converting it to the office and converting the office to a library/sitting room/men's club cigar smoking overstuffed chairs kind of space.

Barb's Bowflex (birthday present) is now due on Tuesday. She's been scouting the daily updates on Fed-Ex's web site. One bedroom upstairs is being converted into a health club. And that's where I'll be doing my exercises too (because they are helping).

It's not very exciting stuff. But it keeps me moving, gets me up and about, keeps the mind ticking, and leaves me with a nice little feeling of accomplishment.

And boring is good. I've had enough excitement for awhile.

No comments: