Friday, January 11, 2008

Old Magazines

Well we're off to the Lancaster General Health Campus to have my MRI. I like trying to be one of the first appointments of the day. In the medical field it seems as if schedules fall apart as the day grows long - and I can understand why.

We have to be there a half-hour early so they can ask me the mandatory questions. You know questions like "Do you have any metal in your head?" Well I guess that depends on who you ask. lol

There is a lot in this world I do not understand. But one of those things is definitely why the MRI is so noisy. Since when do magnets make so much noise?

They offer you headphones and music. You can even bring your own music. How about that? But I'll just listen to their Frank Sinatra again. It's relaxing. And Frank's been lucky for me lately.

Barb will be stuck with the old magazines in the waiting room for a good 90-minutes. But she's typically way ahead of the game. She's had to do this too many times (such a sweetheart). I'm sure she'll be loaded with a book or a few crossword puzzles.

Then it's husband and wife bloodwork for us after the MRI.

Then we're racing home to try not to miss a Fed-Ex delivery. I got Barb a Bowflex for her upcoming birthday (she's going to be 26-years-old!), and man is she excited.

It's been a great three-months off from tests and doctors visits. I didn't miss reading all those old magazines at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

26 years old -- You wish. I think she collected that $200 some time ago. However, since I am only going to be 50 in June I think it is reasonable to expect her to be 26 in February. Have a good one. MOM