Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Now We Wait for Results

The CT scan of my chest, abdomen and pelvis was completed yesterday morning. We'll call the oncologist's office this morning and see if we can the results of the CT scan and Friday's MRI of the brain. Typically we'll call in the morning and have a nurse call with results near day's end.

I was wiped out after the scan yesterday morning, as predicted. Actually the worst part was starting my day with nothing in my system but the CT prep drink ("berry smoothie") and then the CT dye injection. My body was not very happy about that. There were growls and noises coming from my mid-section like I've never heard before. And my mid-section has produced some loud growls and groans in the past six-months.

It took some extra medicine, beyond what I normally take. But my insides did settle down by mid-afternoon. I was back together again in time to cook us shrimp scampi for dinner.

One thing that still amazes me is how my body is so demanding of only healthy foods. If I fall out of line and try something my body doesn't want, it lets me know. I mean what I'm eating right now is probably what we all should be eating. It just amazes me that in this time of need my body takes over and tries to direct me towards fulfilling its needs properly.

Barb made some unbelievable "mudslide" cookies, absolutely a chocolate lover's dream come true. I had to try one. I mean come on! Nope. I paid for it.

Birthday party with some cake and ice cream? Oh my no, my body would make me pay for that terribly.

A little afternoon bottle of Coke with a bowl of Doritos? Those days are long past.

I may have lost a good bit of weight in the past six-months, but I believe that I've settled into a weight that my body has determined best. I believe I've leveled off at my "fighting weight" - the best weight for me to fight cancer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog and thought you could use some amazing christian inspiration by a blog that I've been following written by the husband of a young family going through some tough times, as well...
www.cfhusband.blogspot.com