Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hibernation

No getting around it we're deep in winter now. The temperature outside has struggled to reach freezing and the outdoors is frozen solid and merciless. The branches are lifeless and empty, offering us our annual view of the Susquehanna River the sun glistening from it like a mirror.

It's this time of year that I dart from one warm place to another, taking little time to soak in the great outdoors. I now know how much warmth my hair offered me. Now my ears and nose turn to ice cubes.

It's a good day to stay inside and cook and eat, and try to get some pounds back on me. The temperature is below freezing and there is a dusting of snow on the way.

I wanted to run around this morning and grab some wood trim for the new office - but it's cold. Seems like a better day to cook scalloped ham and potatoes. Seems like a better day to make some homemade chicken salad from the remains of Sunday's chicken roaster.

Seems like a better day to get a full belly and hibernate until Spring.

No comments: