Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quick Notes

It was great to see my cousin Lynn yesterday. We met for breakfast at a little diner just north of Marietta. A big thank you to Lynn for taking time out to get together with us.

Lynn was up from Florida to visit her grandkids. I still have a hard time picturing Lynn as a grandma. But time keeps creeping away on us.

We do miss seeing all of our family and friends in Florida.

After hashbrowns and a slice of breakfast ham, I took a nap. Lately it seems like I'm on an every other day schedule. One-day I have good energy, the next day I just want to sleep.

Barb's parents came to the rescue yesterday and took Barb for Easter dinner groceries while I napped.

It is official. The Easter ham from Groff's the butcher is in the house.

Can't you smell it?

Barb's Mom told me that they should sell little smoked hams for people to hang in their kitchens, or anywhere throughout their homes. It smells so good! Just wait until we fill the house with the smell of cooking it slowly for seven-hours on Sunday.

We are planning an Easter get-together with at least 15 family members planning to join us. Barb and I are really looking forward to having everyone together.

It seems like every project I start lately balloons into much more than I originally intended. I'm sure you know what I mean. We've all been there.

One of those projects was working to change the layout of the blog. Since Google took over this blog they've begun offering bloggers the chance to earn a little bit of cash by allowing ads on their blogs - as you may notice.

I don't know how all of this is going to work out. It may not work out at all. I already don't like the way it looks. But we'll see.

I'm thinking of changing the overall layout of the blog so the ads don't look so awkward. But there it goes again - another "simple" project that is ballooning into something more.

Google does not reveal how much money my blog may earn, if any. I believe that I might earn a couple cents everytime someone clicks on an ad. Soooooo...I guess when you exit the blog if you click on an ad before you go somewhere else, great. If not, then that works to.

Like I said I don't even know if this will work out. It's something for me to play with the next couple months and then I'll reevaluate it.

Off to the oncologist today, and I have to get my list of questions together for discussion.

No comments: