Saturday, April 18, 2009

Digging in the Dirt

It was beautiful yesterday and I got myself outside to play in the dirt. One thing that struck me as I was pulling weeds and cleaning debris was the smell of the dirt.

Now I know that might sound odd, but dirt does have a distinctive odor. And odors do tend to be a memory trigger. Memories came flooding back to me, from digging in the dirt as a kid through planting and landcscaping the backyard here in Marietta.

Barbie came down with a head cold the past two days, which is a rare event for her. It seems like I'm catching it waking up this morning.

We share everything.

Sharing, I believe, works in Barb's advantage because she can steal my clothing. Her clothing doesn't quite fit me, nor does it really look quite right on me.

But Barb does look better in my clothing than I do. So...

I took a couple cold pills this morning and they do seem to be drying me up. So, I do intend on getting back out into the yard again today. It's supposed to be even nicer today than yesterday.

I'll have to take advantage, and get back to digging in the dirt. It's tough to keep up with Mother Nature. There's always something to do in the yard.

No comments: