Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Looking Good, Feeling Better

Barb and I took a rainy trip over to Lebanon yesterday to visit my Mom and Dad at Spang Crest. We took the elevator to the second floor and one step out the door - BAM - there they were, my Dad in a wheelchair and my Mom standing just behind him.

My Dad looked good. The reports are that he is doing well. He sure looked better than the last time Barb and I saw him.

All the tubes are gone. He's eating real, solid food. He's not feeling any pain. He's smiling. With help from the nurses he's getting into the wheelchair. Without help from anyone he's wheeling himself up and down the hallways.

I have to rely on reports because every question I asked him yesterday he looked to my Mom for the answer.

I asked him "How do you feel?" Now that's a tough question to turn over to someone else. But I understand, he's still a little shell-shocked from this whole experience.

This has been very tough on my parents. But with grace they're both enduring and tredging forward with strength and conviction no matter how slow the pace may seem at times. They are strong people that I admire greatly, although I'm sure they'd be the first to deny that.

It's another rainy, drizzly, cold, raw Spring day in Marietta. But there are three days of sunshine in the forecast. Yardwork here I come.

No comments: