Friday, April 3, 2009

Down the Road

My Dad was successfully transfered to Spang Crest Manor in Lebanon yesterday. Spang Crest positions itself as a nursing facility that specializes in physical rehabilitation and "memory assisted living."

That's just what my father needs.

Plus it's closer for my Mom to travel to every day, in Lebanon rather than Hershey.

My Mother feels that after 30- to 60-days of good rehab, Paul may be able to get back home again. Here's hoping.

When the pastor asked him about his home the other day at Hershey Medical Center, he did remember buying the land, planning and building the house, very specific things.

I still think we should cover his room with "memory joggers" - pictures, items he's familiar with, everything and anything that means something to him, and his life thus far.

Plus those rooms do need some decorating to make it more comfortable.

No comments: