Monday, April 6, 2009

Napathon Monday

I woke up this morning at 5 a.m. to find my stomach rumbling.

I had to get through my shower by 6 a.m. so I could start drinking the thick, chalkie, rather disgusting, prep liquid necessary before my 8 a.m. CT scan. I'm not allowed to eat anything and I can only drink clear liquids. The two bottles of CT prep "Vanilla Smoothie" have to be drunk half a bottle per 30-minutes over two hours, right up until scan time.

The "Vanilla Smoothie" did not help the stomach any.

I have not gotten sick to my stomach for more than two decades. I thought that this morning the streak would come to an end. But I made it through.

Today I'm just feeling rough and very tired.

Thankfully the CT scan went off on time, and without a hitch. We were back home quickly. I went back to bed.

I was hoping a nap would give me a second chance at a fresh start to the day. But I woke up feeling pretty much the same. I'm tired. My stomach is still in full revolt (common after two bottle of CT prep). And the day outside is very gray, and rainy, and dreary.

Barb claimed the day as an official "Napathon Monday."

That sounds like a plan to me.

No comments: