Friday, April 10, 2009

Oops

I would like to apologize to everyone who reads the blog. I don't know what I was thinking.

As soon as I put Google's ads up on my blog yesterday I had regrets. That's not what this blog is for, it's not true to the original intent.

This blog is strictly for family and friends, to keep everyone updated on my continued fight against cancer. It's not meant to be a commercial enterprise.

Possibly the blog could have co-existed with the ads had the ads been more tasteful. But since they were all ads for lawyers looking for clients, they definitely had to go.

My sincere apologies to everyone. I don't know what I was thinking.

I do find Google's technique here intriquing. Once you sign up for their advertising program they "crawl" your site and then match advertisers to your subject matter. Since my blog is so often health related, my blog received ads from lawyers looking for people who felt they were mistreated by the health care system. I do not feel comfortable being an advertising vehicle for greedy attorneys though.

If I blogged about cars my blog would apparently get advertisements relating to cars. If I blogged about the salt marsh harvest mouse my blog would apparently get advertisments on pest control.

I may start a second blog, just for story telling, and that may be suitable for this new Google venture.

But it's not for this blog. I have no intention on capitalizing on my struggles. For those who happened to see the ads in the brief hour that they were posted, please accept my apologies.

No comments: