Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More Good Than Bad

I received Monday's CT scan results this afternoon and overall I think there is much more good than bad.

Compared to January's scan, here's the quick rundown as I interpret the radiologist's report. I'll discuss it all with the doc tomorrow.

The scan is of the chest, abdomen and pelvis.

Last scan my chest showed numerous "lesions" throughout both lungs. When I asked the oncologist then how many there were, he said in disbelief, "You want me to count?" That meant there were a lot.

Now the scan is showing that the lungs have both all cleared, with the exception of just two spots. Both of these spots are small but have increased in size slightly.

The growth in the thyroid gland has not disappeared but it has shrunk in size.

The growth in the kidney has completely disappeared.

The two growths in the liver have both shrunk in size.

Overall, that's some pretty good news!

But this is kidney cancer. There's always some ups and downs, a little roller coaster ride.

The report did claim that the "soft tissue mass" in the bone of my right hip has enlarged slightly.

Also two lymph nodes in my chest have become "involved," but they're not ginormous in size or anything.

I'll get my questions together and meet with the oncologist tomorrow and take it from there. It seems to me that the Sutent is working so far, and we'll just continue on more of the same chemo.

That's the latest from here...

No comments: