Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lucky Man

I look back at everything I've had to go through the past couple years and I think to myself, my am I such a fortunate man, truly blessed.

To have such wonderful friends and family around me, who've supported me without question or hesitation, it's truly unbelieveable.

I just wish I could give as much as I've received. My largest regret is all the hardship I've put those loved ones around me through. They deserve much better.

Everything I've learned, everything I am, is a result of my friends and family around me. I try to be a sponge and absorb all of the love and wisdom from all of those I've been fortunate to be around.

Hopefully I've left positive impressions in return. But I'll never feel like I've done enough.

As this week's news came out, I was especially grateful for Alyssa's kindness, reaching out to both myself and her Mom. As I broke the news to her, the first thing she said was, "Can I come over?"

"You never have to ask," I told her. "Of course you can."

We've been thankful for all the time we've been able to spend in recent days with Alyssa and Charlie, as well as Barb's Mom Susan (and not just because she brought us doughnuts). They've all kept our minds occupied, our spirits high, and our smiles broad.

I am one lucky man.

Thank you all, both near and far, for all the love and support you've offered us, more than we both feel we ever deserved.

No comments: