Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good 'Ol Mosby's

I fully expect the doctor to give me clearance to drive again in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime I feel bad for being such a burden on everyone that is being so kind to haul my goofy self around.

I'm very grateful to my Mom and Dad for driving over yesterday to get me in for radiation treatments. It seems a little silly since the radiation treatments are very brief. So it's a pretty good drive for a little bit of time at the hospital.

Thankfully, to make the trip more worthwhile, we were all able to stop at Mosby's in Mt. Joy yesterday for lunch. I have been addicted to their buffalo wings for nearly 25-years, since my cousin first introduced me to the place.

They make me sweat. They make my nose run. I end up a total mess with sauce all over the place. It's so great. And there is no one else that makes them like they do.

That was the highlight of my day.

Thanks to my Mom also for picking me up a robe to wear into treatments. Unfortunately the pink robes supplied by the hospital were not exactly manufactured for a six-foot, four-inch man.

It was kind of funny when I changed into my robe and was called back for treatments. My Mom picked out a really nice robe, real plush and soft. The nurses right away had their hands all over it, admiring it, saying how soft and nice it was.

Then they told me it was too plush and wouldn't work at all because I was originally set-up and measured for radiation in a little, thin pink robe, not a big plush one like this.

But we worked it out - I have to wear the robe backwards everyday. Jeesh, what is it with hospitals and these robes that close in the back?

Well at least I have a robe that doesn't end half way down my thigh. (Sorry for that mental picture.)

It will be back in for radiation today. We'll see how it treats me.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable New Year's Eve.

No comments: